Access and Care Coordination Officer
Cairns - headspace
Established in 2006, headspace is making a difference to the lives of thousands of young Australians in the area of youth mental health, by:
- Giving young Australians and their families the opportunity to seek help early
- Making it easier for young people and their families to access information
- Creating awareness and educating young people, families and the broader community about how to get help
headspace Cairns (under the direction of the RFDS (Qld) Services Limited) is an innovative youth service, delivering primary and mental health, alcohol and drug services, social welfare and vocational services to young people aged 12-25 years.
- Fixed-term, full-time until June 2018 with extensions in line with ongoing funding
- Part time terms may be considered
- Cairns location
As the Access and Care Coordination Officer you will have a direct role in the engagement, assessment and coordination of care for young people aged 12-25 years and their families/friends that contact headspace Cairns. You will determine an appropriate service provision pathway to ensure that they receive seamless, coordinated, high quality and youth friendly services. You will also be delivering evidence-based youth mental health interventions to young people.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Far North Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll lead a team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to providing services to young people. As a Access and Care Coordination Officer with our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations.
You will be working within a friendly and supportive team that is strongly dedicated to the cores values of the headspace and the RFDS. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated Mental Health Professional to really make a difference to youth in Far North Queensland.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will need to hold tertiary Mental Health qualifications in the professional areas of Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing with relevant registration or membership. You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in mental health assessment, and subsequent coordination of access to appropriate service provision
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of mental health services to young people, and their families, including knowledge of contemporary evidence-based therapeutic interventions for young people
- Experience in the delivery of brief evidence-based mental health interventions, counselling services and treatment planning
- Highly developed communication (including written) and interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage with young people, advocate on their behalf and establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients, carers and stakeholders
- Ability to use a desktop computer, with familiarity with the Microsoft Windows environment and Microsoft Office applications and capacity to learn how to use a new clinical software package for keeping of electronic client records
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to criminal history check.
For further information please contact Mike Greasley, Centre Coordinator on 07 4041 3780.
Once a suitable candidate pool has been found we will close the advert. If you are interested please apply now!
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.