Community Fundraising Coordinator (Maternity Cover)
Brisbane Corporate Office
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
We are seeking a full-time Community Fundraising Coordinator for a 9-month period to join our Marketing and Fundraising team, based in our Brisbane Corporate Office. In this diverse role, working within a close-knit team, you’ll help us make a real difference to people’s lives and to the future of the Flying Doctor.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS QLD delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
- Located at RFDS (QLD) Corporate Office at 5-7 Lobelia Circle, Brisbane International Airport.
We are seeking a Community Fundraising Coordinator for a 9 month period to become a vital contributor to the Marketing and Fundraising team and seamlessly help the whole organisation with its fundraising goals.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for the coordination and stewardship of third-party community fundraisers across Queensland. Your work will manage the registration of new community fundraisers and steward their fundraising efforts, while also maintaining high levels of donor care in order to retain and upgrade existing fundraisers.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a member of the amazing team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work in helping people in Queensland communities. Critically, you’re also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. In addition, you’ll have the unique opportunity to travel across Queensland to support fundraisers in their fundraising efforts and see how your work positively impacts communities.
We will support you in your endeavour to develop new skills in a close-knit team which encourages the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will be an outcome driven fundraiser who strives to deliver exceptional stewardship and fundraising results while working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders in line with organisational objectives.
You will ideally possess:
- Minimum one year fundraising experience
- Exceptional administration and project management skills
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Understanding of / or previous experience in managing third-party fundraisers
- Exceptional customer service and relationship development skills, demonstrated by successful relationships with colleagues, suppliers and supporters
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to understand and input into relational databases
- High level planning and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise between conflicting demands
- Ability to meet deadlines as well as the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing/Fundraising or relevant degree
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to criminal history check.
For further information please contact Katherine Ash, Fundraising Manager on 07 3852 7597.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 15 July 2019
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.