Flight Nurse - (Midwifery)
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
“It would be so hard for me to go back to a hospital now. At RFDS, you never know what you’re flying into. You turn up to the base with the pilot, pack the plane and fly out to the patient. The dynamic working environment is invigorating.” Laura Bratby – Flight Nurse Brisbane
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
About the role:
- Permanent full-time
This busy aeromedical base primarily completes inter-hospital transfers and aeromedical retrievals throughout Queensland. Our Flight Nurses are a valued and respected part of the aeromedical team, showcasing their high-level clinical skills and patient care on a daily basis, and enjoying the challenge of never knowing what the day will bring.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations. And with a workplace spanning thousands of kilometers of regional and outback Queensland, well, you’ll see work and life like never before.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus not for profit salary sacrificing benefits, relocation assistance if required and commitment to support your professional development. A comprehensive orientation program is provided prior to the commencement of duties.
Who we are looking for?
You are an experienced and high-performing Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration, with exceptional patient care and equal commitment to contributing to team and operational goals.
In addition, you will have:
- Post graduate experience including a minimum three to five years’ experience in a critical care environment in either a recognised Major Regional or Tertiary Hospital Emergency Department, with a 24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit. The required time can consist of critical care experience across both environments.
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal resuscitation certification. (This will need to be obtained prior to starting employment, or shortly thereafter).
- Ability to spend considerable time working and/or travelling in the confined spaces of a small aircraft
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Please note: This role will be required to undergo and pre-employment drug and alcohol test; RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications and registrations and providing evidence of your immunisation status.
For further information regarding this role please contact Leanne Hill, Manager - Clinical and Base Operations on 07 4040 0444.
Please note for your application to be considered it is essential the below information is outlined clearly in your CV regarding your employment history. Please see below examples of details required:
- Department, Facility, Location
- Job Title - Level
- FTE of current/previous roles: Full time, part time or casual. If part time, provide FTE, e.g. FTE 0.25, Casual how many shifts?
- Start date (month, year) to end date (month, year)
- Brief description of unit/department, e.g. Bed numbers, case mix, types of patients cared for, specialty services, work volume
Application closing date: 29 May 2019.
Please note the RFDS may bring forward the closing date if a suitable candidate pool is found therefore encourage interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply