Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
About the role:
- Permanent full-time
- Located at the RFDS Brisbane Base and RFDS (QLD) Corporate Office at 5-7 Lobelia Circle, Brisbane International Airport.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the RFDS (Queensland Section) to join the Clinical Training and Development team as Learning Coordinator. As the Learning Coordinator you will be able to demonstrate a high level of innovation and creativity to support existing eLearning and curriculum design for the whole of organisation. A key function of your role will be to develop eLearning materials in collaboration with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) for distribution to geographically dispersed healthcare employees.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of educational modules
- Use contemporary design methods in the development of eLearning education.
- Work with SMEs to design engaging and innovative online learning experiences and online courses for a range of audiences and purposes,
- Demonstration of a contemporary knowledge of eLearning authoring tools
- Support and foster a Learning Community of Practice
- Support of the Clinical Training & Development healthcare simulation facility (technical/design support)
- Support the implementation of additional state-wide simulation foot prints and associated learning tools/manuals/guides
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a member of the driven team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work us to help people in Queensland communities. Critically, you’re also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements and flexible working arrangements. We will support you in your endeavour to develop new skills in a close-knit team which encourages the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have education, training and/or relevant experience in the design and development of highly interactive, creative eLearning resources within an online teaching environment, including an interest in healthcare simulation.
You will also possess:
- Experience in the use of Learning Management Systems.
- Strong internal consulting skills and highly developed negotiating skills when working with SMEs to identify target audiences training needs.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with SMEs to develop design briefs for instructional content, using a range of learning/multimedia design tools, particularly Articulate Storyline 360, to deliver learning packages that can be published as HTML, HTML5, and /or as SCORM objects in a Learning Management System.
- Demonstrated application of online pedagogy and current research-based understandings in online learning contexts, including the ability to design innovative, high quality online courses.
- Ability to create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer of knowledge including the use of branched scenarios.
- Demonstrated curriculum design
It would be highly desirable if you have extensive experience and knowledge in using Articulate.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to criminal history check.
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 28 May 2019
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.