Flight Nurse (Midwifery) - Reliever
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with a sense of adventure who wants to explore Queensland.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
- 12-month contract (16 shifts per 4-week roster)
- Reliever role across the state but primarily located Brisbane
The RFDS (Queensland Section) is seeking a suitably qualified and skilled nurse for the role of Flight Nurse (Midwifery)-Reliever to work as a reliever across the state of Queensland from our Brisbane Base. Our Flight Nurses are a valued and respected part of the aeromedical team, showcasing their high-level clinical skills and patient care daily, and enjoying the challenge of never knowing what the day will bring.
As a Flight Nurse Reliever, you will be required to demonstrate flexibility and availability potentially at short notice as this position will cover times of leave and vacancies and could be deployed at any of our seven bases. You must be available for overnight stays for longer periods of time. This is a 12 month contact initially with potential for extension.
Why join Us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You will be working with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a valuable member of a passionate team driving RFDS service and care, you will come to work knowing that you and your colleagues are providing vital support to people in Queensland communities. Critically, you are also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
The role provides exceptional opportunities for personal development and growth. A comprehensive orientation program is provided prior to the commencement of duties, and continuous learning and training will follow throughout your career.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. In addition, you’ll have the unique opportunity to speak to people who have been directly impacted by our life-saving service and see how your work positively impacts communities.
Who we are looking for?
You are an experienced and high-performing Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration, with exceptional patient care and equal commitment to contributing to team and operational goals. It is essential you can travel and be away overnight for short and longer periods of time.
In addition, you will have:
- Post graduate experience including five years’ experience in a critical care environment in either a recognised Major Regional or Tertiary Hospital Emergency Department, with a 24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit. The required time can consist of critical care experience across both environments.
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal resuscitation certification. (This will need to be obtained prior to starting employment, or shortly thereafter).
- Post graduate qualification in emergency, intensive care or critical care is desirable.
- Ability to spend considerable time working and/or travelling in the confined spaces of a small aircraft .
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Please note: This role will be required to undergo and pre-employment drug and alcohol test; RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications and registrations and providing evidence of your immunisation status.
For further information regarding this role please contact Louise Burton, Nursing Workforce Officer on 0408 089 330 or Justine Powell, Manager- Clinical and Base Operations on 0428 412 643
Please note for your application to be considered it is essential the below information is outlined clearly in your CV regarding your employment history. Please see below examples of details required:
- Department, Facility, Location
- Job Title - Level
- FTE of current/previous roles: Full time, part time or casual. If part time, provide FTE, e.g. FTE 0.25, Casual how many shifts?
- Start date (month, year) to end date (month, year)
- Brief description of unit/department, e.g. Bed numbers, case mix, types of patients cared for, specialty services, work volume
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 27th May 2019
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply!