Youth Vocational Specialist
Cairns - headspace
headspace Cairns (under the direction of the RFDS (QLD )Services Limited) is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
Further information available headspace visit at our website
- Fixed term, full time until June 2021
- Cairns location
headspace Cairns has been selected to deliver the Individual Placement and Support Trial (IPS) and we are looking for a dynamic and skilled vocational specialist who will provide career development advice and vocational employment assistance to young people with mental illness who are seeking to remain in education or employment, in close coordination with the headspace clinical team.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Experience in employment services, vocational rehabilitation, career development or a related field.
- Recognised qualification in a relevant field
- Extensive knowledge of issues that impact young people when accessing employment and/or educational opportunities.
- Versatile computer skills and social media applications
- Experience developing good business relationships.
- Knowledge of the employment services sector, Centrelink and other state and federal employment initiatives that impact young people.
- Willingness to learn relevant administrative procedures, including software applications and filing systems.
- Current Drivers Licence and willingness to travel to other locations within the District.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact on the Cairns communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisations.
Dependent on skills, experience and qualifications a salary of up to $71K will be on offer plus super and generous salary packaging arrangements. We will also support you in your endeavour to develop new skills in a close-knit team which encourages the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to criminal history check and will require a working with children bluecard.
Enquiries please contact Gabrielle Gill, Manager, headspace Cairns for further discussion 07 4041 3780.
If this role sounds like you, please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Monday 27 May 2019
Please note the RFDS may bring forward the closing date if a suitable candidate pool is found therefore encourage interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.