Board Secretariat Coordinator
Brisbane International Airport (Corporate Office)
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
About the role:
- Part-time (on average 38 hours a fortnight)
- Flexible working hours
- Located at the RFDS (QLD) Corporate Office at 5-7 Lobelia Circle, Brisbane International Airport.
Reporting directly to the Company Secretary/Chief Financial Officer this newly created role will be pivotal in supporting the coordination of board and committee communications. This role will suit someone who has strong relationship building skills and experience in driving deadlines with different levels of management and stakeholders.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage board and committee documentation including preparing agendas, attending meetings and taking accurate minutes, distributing outcomes and ensuring documentation adheres to RFDS’ style guide.
- Coordinate arrangements for workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings, teleconferences and videoconferences including travel coordination, room bookings, set up, catering and tidying up after the event
- Assist the Company Secretary in ensuring Board and Committee reporting is carried out in line with regulated and legislated requirements.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a member of the team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work us to help people in Queensland communities. Critically, you’re also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements and flexible working arrangements. We will support you in your endeavour to develop new skills in a close-knit team which encourages the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
You will be a highly proactive individual, who is experienced in dealing with meeting tight deadlines, enjoys working autonomously and has advanced organisational and communication skills. A flexible and committed approach to work is essential.
You will also possess:
- A strong understanding of information management at a governance level including demonstrated experience in professional standard minute taking, agenda setting and word processing.
- High standard of competency in all Microsoft Office and related applications
- Ability to organise travel and logistics, including event management
- Ability to manage workload, meet deadlines and ensure high level of accuracy
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective professional relationships with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve team-based outcomes and the ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision.
- Prior experience in a Board Secretariat role will be highly regarded.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to criminal history check.
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
For further information please contact Kylie Pirlo, HR Coordinator on 07 3860 1169.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 23 May 2019
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Please note the RFDS may bring forward the closing date if a suitable candidate pool is found therefore encourage interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.