Call for Private Practitioners
Are you passionate about working with young people and their families and friends?
Perhaps you are interested in starting a private practice, but worried about the risks?
Are you fully registered with AHPRA?
Why not consider joining headspace?
headspace Cairns are seeking expressions of interest from Allied Health Practitioners including (clinical) psychologists, social workers and occupational therapists who are experienced in providing high quality evidence-based interventions to young people aged 12-25.
Independent private practitioners with flexibility of hours/days, including after school hours. Services are delivered under the Medicare Better Outcomes for Mental Health Initiative and Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS).
- Approved tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, occupational therapy and registration with appropriate professional body
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Eligibility to provide Medicare Benefits Schedule services
- ABN, or willingness to obtain
- Excellent skills in engaging and working with young people, their families and significant others
- Ability to work independently, with strong organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Experience in provision of services under an early intervention/prevention framework for young people with emerging or recent onset mental disorders
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team comprising of our headspace clinical team, general practitioner, psychiatrist, and other allied health professionals. The team are available for case-conferencing, mutual support and seamless referral pathways.
- Flexibility of hours/days including after school hours.
- Consultation rooms with private work space, telephone and computer equipment
- Scheduling of appointments for clients including SMS reminders and follow-up.
- Extensive clinical and administrative support from our Management, Clinical team and Reception Staff.
- Weekly peer consultation/professional development sessions with other allied health practitioners.
- Consistent referral base and small room fees of 15%
For more information and to discuss this opportunity please contact:
Name: Gabrielle Gill
Phone: (07) 40 313780
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.