Flight Nurse (Midwifery)
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
- Permanent, Part Time for 0.75 FTE (3 shifts per week)
- Located in Mount Isa
This busy aeromedical base primarily completes inter-hospital transfers and aeromedical retrievals throughout Queensland. Our Flight Nurses are a valued and respected part of the aeromedical team, showcasing their high-level clinical skills and patient care on a daily basis, and enjoying the challenge of never knowing what the day will bring.
Known as the 'oasis of the outback', Mount Isa City covers an area of over 43 310 square kilometres with a population of approximately 21,000, Mount Isa is a major service centre for North West Queensland, and a thriving city well equipped to satisfy residential, business and industrial needs.
Why join Us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You will be working with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a valuable member of a passionate team driving RFDS service and care, you will come to work knowing that you and your colleagues are providing vital support to people in Queensland communities. Critically, you are also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
The role provides exceptional opportunities for personal development and growth. A comprehensive orientation program is provided prior to the commencement of duties, and continuous learning and training will follow throughout your career. An attractive remuneration package is offered including salary sacrificing options and remote area incentives.
Who we are looking for?
You are an experienced and high-performing Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration, with exceptional patient care and equal commitment to contributing to team and operational goals.
In addition, you will have:
- Post graduate experience including a minimum three to five years’ experience in a critical care environment in either a recognised Major Regional or Tertiary Hospital Emergency Department, with a 24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit. The required time can consist of critical care experience across both environments.
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal resuscitation certification. (This will need to be obtained prior to starting employment, or shortly thereafter).
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionateabout providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyondto drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embracethe challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
For further information regarding this role please contact Katrina Seng - Manager - Clinical Base Operations on 0448 516 691.
Please note for your application to be considered it is essential the below information is outlined clearly in your CV regarding your employment history. Please see below examples of details required:
- Department, Facility, Location
- Job Title - Level
- FTE of current/previous roles: Full time, part time or casual. If part time, provide FTE, eg. FTE 0.25, Casual how many shifts?
- Start date (month, year) to end date (month, year)
- Brief description of unit/department, eg. Bed numbers, case mix, types of patients cared for, specialty services, work volume
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 26 April 2019
Please note: This role will be required to undergo and pre-employment drug and alcohol test; RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications and registrations and providing evidence of your immunisation status.
Applications for this role will close when a suitable candidate pool has been reached. If you are interested, please apply now!
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.