Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
- Permanent full-time, part-time will be considered
- Location: Charleville
We are currently seeking a Practice Coordinator to be a part of the Charleville team. Charleville Base is accredited with AGPAL and provides primary health care services to 8 rural satellite clinics across southern and central western Queensland. This new role will enhance care delivery by providing guidance and support to both clinicians and patients, particularly in the early intervention, prevention and management of chronic and complex conditions. The practice coordinator will be integral in the implementation of the Health Care Home Model of Care Initiative. Energy and commitment to rural primary health care is essential for this role.
The successful applicant to the practice coordinator role will assist the clinical team to provide proactive patient – centred primary health care to people living, travelling and working in our service area. You will provide support in business development initiatives, improving processes and acting as a liaison between patients, clinicians and external service providers. Some of your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Enhance practice management capability to improve practice data quality.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement programs to improve patient outcomes.
- Support the effective utilisation of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR), including providing orientation and ongoing support to clinicians using an EMR.
- Effective management of incoming and outgoing information from the EMR.
- Maintenance of the recall and reminder system to enable better access to planned and structured care.
- Oversight of clinic appointments.
- Assist patients with complex health needs to navigate their health service journey.
- Support the usage of My Health Record.
- Assist with the implementation of Health Care Homes Model of Care.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with a team who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. We will support you in your endeavour to develop new skills in a close-knit team that encourages the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Highly organised with well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Possessing the initiative and motivation to implement new programs.
- Experience in practice management or clinicians who have general practice data management experience.
- Prior experience and proficiency in using medical software.
- Experience in the Medicare Benefits Schedule.
- Knowledge of (or experience in) My Health Record.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, particularly in telecommunication, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment, and/or indigenous health.
- Diploma of Practice Management is desirable.
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland Section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and be subject to a criminal history check.
For further information please contact Jo Mahony, Manager of Clinical and Base Operations – Charleville Base on 0428412653.
Please Note: This position is open ended and once we have identified a suitable candidate, applications will close.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply