Pilots for Roma
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) is seeking expressions of interest from enthusiastic and committed pilots to join the Queensland team and fill current vacancies at our Roma Base. We are looking for pilots who are eager to help make a difference and willing to commit their time in Central South-West Queensland.
Roma pilots currently operate the Beechcraft King Air B200. The Beechcraft King Air B200 is a pressurised, twin turboprop aircraft with speed and performance to allow for service operations to/from the most basic airfields. In this vital role, you’ll be at the forefront of aeromedical aviation providing dedicated obstetrician and gynaecological health care services to regional and outback Queensland. You’ll also be responsible for upholding the iconic Royal Flying Doctor Service brand in the local community through the delivery of services conducted both at the base hanger as well as aeromedically.
If this is the change you’ve been looking for and you are committed to immersing yourself in the Roma lifestyle, we would love to hear from you.
You will be:
- Working in a diverse and demanding environment on time critical tasks
- Forming part of a highly skilled and motivated multidisciplinary team
- Experiencing flying operations from remote emergency airstrips to major capital city aerodromes and everything in between
- Operating modern turboprop aircraft
- Enjoying the rewards of providing a critical aviation service in Clinic and/or Medevac and Hospital operations throughout Qld and interstate
Why join Us?
In return for your skills, enthusiasm and commitment to our mission, we offer you the unique opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and play your part towards helping others. Everyday you’ll work with passionate and dedicated individuals who are proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation and embody our mission—the furthest corner, the finest care.
As a critical member of our exceptional frontline team, your specialist skills will allow you to embrace this unique and exceptional professional challenge. Not only will you utilise all the skills you’ve worked hard to acquire, you’ll be making a difference to people’s everyday lives through delivering vital care in emergency situations. And no one day is ever the same – with a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres through regional and outback Queensland, you’ll experience work and life like never before.
Along with this, the RFDS also offers an attractive, above award remuneration including remote area incentives for eligible areas.
Who we are looking for?
Desirable requirements of the role:
- Hold a current Command Instrument Rating with three or more renewals – preference for Multi Engine Command Instrument Rating
- Hold a current Australian ATPL or CPL
- Hold a current Australian Class 1 medical in Single Pilot Operations
- 3000 hours flying time total
- 1500 hours as Pilot in Command
- 1000 as Pilot in Command of Multi-engine aircraft
- 150 hours as Pilot in Command at night
- 150 hours instrument time
- Turbine Experience
- Three instrument rating renewals
- Australian Citizenship, Residency or approved work Visa
- An Australian Command Multi Engine Instrument Rating, or military equivalent
- Physically able to manage a level of manual handling, specifically handling of patients and equipment when required
- Demonstrated situational leadership and logistics management abilities.
- Demonstrated maturity and stability of employment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An understanding of the needs of remote and regional Australia and its people
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
If you interested in lodging an expression of interest and meet the above requirements, please fill out the below questionnaire.
Candidates will receive an email updating them on the status of their application once the assessment process has been completed but please be patient as the due to the interest this may not be immediately.
Thank you for your patience.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and apply for and maintain a maintain a current Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC), hold a current drivers licence and hold a Blue Card issued by the Commission for Children and Young People.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.