Pilots for Charleville and Mount Isa
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) is looking for pilots to join the Queensland team to fill current vacancies in Mount Isa and Charleville. We are looking for pilots committed to working in these rural locations so if you see yourself capable and ready for the challenge perhaps the RFDS is just the change you have been looking for!
Based at Charleville and Mount Isa are Beechcraft King Air 200's. The Beechcraft King Air 200 is a pressurised twin turboprop aircraftt that is configured as an intensive care unit with a two-stretcher configuration for patient care and evacuation. The B200's speed and performance allows a responsive service in time critical situations and operations to/from the most basic airfields. The RFDS not only conducts retrievals but also transports clinical teams by air to remote regions to deliver a range of primary health care services. RFDS Crews flew 7,524,025 kilometres moving 11,359 patients in the past year.
An RFDS Pilot is at the forefront of aeromedical aviation being an integral part of a multi-disciplined organisation that prides itself in providing a dedicated aeromedical and primary health care service to regional and outback Queensland.
You will be:
- Working in a diverse and demanding environment on time critical tasks
- Forming part of a highly skilled and motivated multidisciplinary team
- Experiencing flying operations from remote emergency airstrips to major capital city aerodromes and everything in between
- Operating a modern state of the art pressurised, airconditioned twin turboprop aircraft
- Experiencing the rewards of providing a critical aviation service in Clinic and/or Medevac and Hospital operations throughout Qld and interstate
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations. And with a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres of regional and outback Queensland, well, you’ll see experience things like never before.
The RFDS offers an attractive, above award remuneration including remote area incentives.
Who are we looking for?
Essential requirements of the role:
- Hold a current Command Instrument Rating with four or more renewals – preference for Multi Engine Command Instrument Rating
- Hold a current Australian ATPL / CPL
- Hold a current Australian Class 1 medical in Single Pilot Operations
Desirable requirements of the role:
- 4000 hours flying time in total
- 2000 hours as Pilot in Command
- 1000 hours as Pilot in Command of Multi-engine aircraft
- 200 hours as Pilot in Command at night
- 200 hours instrument time
- Turbine experience
- Interested in relocating to Mount Isa or Charleville
- Physically able to manage a level of manual handling, specifically handling of patients and equipment when required
- Demonstrated situational leadership ability
- Demonstrated logistic management ability.
- Demonstrated maturity and stability of employment
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of the needs of remote and regional Australia and its people
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and apply for and maintain a maintain a current Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC), hold a current drivers licence and hold a Blue Card issued by the Commission for Children and Young People.
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
If you interested in lodging an expression of interest and meet the above requirements, please fill out the below questionnaire.