Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Mobile Dental Unit is staffed by RFDS dentists and dental assistants who provide a range of dental services at no cost to communities in rural and remote Queensland. This service not only addresses the immediate need for dental care within these communities, but also to improves overall health in these regions.
The RFDS’s Dental Team provides dental care to rural and remote areas of Queensland with limited or no access to oral health services, via an 18-wheel semitrailer housing two state-of-the-art dental surgeries. The team on average services upwards of 70 patients per week, with the capacity to offer a range of services varying from a preventive check up and clean through to a surgical extraction with the aid of our on board orthopantomogram or OPG unit.
- Services rural and remote Queensland and the role can be Fly in/Fly out preferably from Brisbane
- Fixed-term, full-time contract basis
Looking for a chance to step out of your comfort zone, travel to remote Queensland and make a difference in the lives of some very deserving people? The Royal Flying Doctor Service dental team is looking for a Senior Dentist with a sense of adventure who is available to work a two week on, one week off, service delivery roster. As the Senior Dentist, you will lead a team of 3 Dental Assistants and 1 Dentist by providing operational support, guidance, and supervision to ensure the team works cohesively and effectively in delivering of this essential service. Patient cases can be extreme, with some not having seen a dentist for up to 20 years and the Service focuses on primary dentistry: education, cleaning, check-ups, filling cavities, and removal of teeth unable to be saved.
Now is the chance to experience country hospitality and join the Flying Doctor dental team as they travel through rural and remote Queensland providing free dental treatment to communities who are in need of your care.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. As a member of a passionate team driving RFDS service and care, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling us to help people in Queensland communities. Critically, you’re also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. In addition, you’ll have the unique opportunity to travel across outback Queensland and see how your actions positively impact communities.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will be a person who strives to deliver exceptional service and care in line with organisational and dental unit objectives. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and will have the ability to operate effectively in a remote team environment, contributing positively to the operations and working relationships of the Mobile Dental Unit. You will also have:
- Registration with AHPRA, as a Dentist
- Preferably a minimum of three year’s experience
- Current Queensland Health Radiography Licence (extra-oral & intra-oral)
- Proven clinical skills in managing difficult and a broad range oral health issues
- Experience in utilising a clinical patient records system such as Titanium
- Management experience in a public health dental setting and supervising others would be desirable
- Evidence of annual certification in Basic Life Support or willing to obtain
- The ability to work a two week on, one weeks off, service delivery roster and stay in the local community (RFDS will provide accommodation).
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Please note: This role will be required to undergo and pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to criminal history check.
Interested? For further information please contact: Annette Saleta on 07 3852 7595.
Application closing date 15 February 2018.
Please note to be successful the candidate will be required to undergo a RFDS credentialing process which includes referee checking (one must be a recent line manager) and certified copies of qualifications and registrations.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.