Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Mobile Dental Unit is staffed by RFDS dentists and dental assistants who provide a range of dental services at no cost to communities in rural and remote Queensland. This service not only addresses the immediate need for dental care within these communities, but also to improves overall health in these regions.
The RFDS’s Dental Team provides dental care to rural and remote areas of Queensland with limited access to oral health services, via an 18-wheel semitrailer housing two state-of-the-art dental surgeries. The team on average services upwards of 70 patients per week, with the capacity to offer a range of services varying from a preventive check up and clean through to a surgical extraction with the aid of our on board orthopantomogram or OPG unit.
The Mobile Dental Unit is currently seeking expressions of interest from Dentists to work on a casual basis, to support our service visiting towns in rural and remote Queensland, offering a range of dental services. The dental team provides dental care to rural and remote areas of Queensland with limited access to oral health services, via an 18-wheel semitrailer housing two state-of-the-art dental surgeries.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. As a member of a passionate team driving RFDS service and care, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling us to help people in Queensland communities. Critically, you’re also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. In addition, you’ll have the unique opportunity to travel across outback Queensland and see how your actions positively impact communities.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will be a person who strives to deliver exceptional service and care in line with organisational and dental unit objectives. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and will have the ability to operate effectively in a remote team environment, contributing positively to the operations and working relationships of the Mobile Dental Unit. You will also have:
- Registration with AHPRA, as a Dentist
- Preferably a minimum of three year’s experience
- Current Queensland Health Radiography Licence (extra-oral & intra-oral)
- Proven clinical skills in managing difficult and a broad range oral health issues
- Evidence of annual certification in Basic Life Support
- The ability to work a two week on, one weeks off, service delivery roster and stay in the local community (RFDS will provide accommodation).
- Availability to work mid March to mid April
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Interested? For further information please contact: Annette Saleta on 07 3852 7595.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo and pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to criminal history check.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.