Flight Nurse (Midwifery)
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, it delivers extensive primary health care and 24-hour emergency service to those who live, work and travel Australia. The range of essential health care services includes general practice, Indigenous health, child and family health, social and emotional wellbeing, women’s health, health promotion activities and provides regular patient transfers for life-saving medical care.
- Opportunity for permanent part-time or full-time (0.5 or 1.0 FTE)
- Bundaberg location
The RFDS (Queensland Section) is seeking expressions of interest from suitably skilled and qualified nurses for the role of Flight Nurse (Midwifery) at our Bundaberg Base with an immediate start. The Bundaberg Base commenced operations over 15 years ago and is a busy aeromedical base primarily completing interhospital transfers throughout the south east of Queensland. The Bundaberg region hosts a great lifestyle, with beautiful coastal towns, affordable housing, and great schools.
We will offer you the opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding environment, one which will support your professional development, further develop your nursing skills and satisfy your desire to make a difference.
To be considered for this role, it is essential you meet the criteria below:
- Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration
- Minimum five years post graduate experience which must include a minimum three years' experience in critical care environment in either a recognised Major Regional or Tertiary Hospital Emergency Department with a 24 hour in-Department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit; or a cumulative of three years critical care experience across both environments (five years would be highly desirable)
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS) and Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification (the successful candidate will be required to obtain this certification if they are not current before starting employment or shortly thereafter)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to spend considerable time working and/or travelling in the confined spaces of a small aircraft
A comprehensive orientation program is provided prior to the commencement of duties. An attractive remuneration package is offered including salary sacrificing and relocation assistance if required.
If you are someone looking for a unique experience and an exciting career change, please apply.
For further information on the role itself, please contact Jillian Burgess, Manager - Clinical and Base Operations (07) 49 242 609.
This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will continue to be subject to random drug and alcohol testing; and will be required to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Applications closing date: 20 August 2017.
Please note for your application to be considered it is essential the below information is outlined clearly in your CV regarding your employment history. Please see below examples of details required.
Department, Facility, Location
Job Title - Level
FTE of current/previous roles: Full time, part time or casual. If part time, provide FTE, eg. FTE 0.25, Casual how many shifts?
Start date (month, year) to end date (month, year)
Brief description of unit/department, eg. Bed numbers, case mix, types of patients cared for, specialty services, work volume
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply