Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) is looking for pilots to join the Queensland team to fill current vacancies. If you are a dedicated professional and see yourself capable and ready for the challenge perhaps the RFDS is just the change you have been looking for.
The RFDS Pilots are at the forefront of aeromedical aviation and enjoy being part of a multi-disciplined organisation that prides itself in providing a dedicated aeromedical and primary health care service to regional and outback Queensland.
You will be:
- Working in a diverse and demanding environment on time critical tasks
- Forming part of a highly skilled and motivated multidisciplinary team
- Experiencing flying operations from remote emergency airstrips to major capital city aerodromes and everything in between
- Operating modern turboprop aircraft
- Enjoying the rewards of providing a critical aviation service in Clinic and/or Medevac and Hospital operations throughout Qld and interstate
Desirable requirements of the role:
- Current Instrument Rating- Multi Engine Aircraft with four or more renewals
- CPL (ATPL is desirable)
- 4000 hours flying time in total
- 2000 hours as Pilot in Command
- 1000 hours as Pilot in Command of Multi-engine aircraft
- 200 hours as Pilot in Command at night
- 200 hours instrument time
- Turbine experience
- Physically able to manage a level of manual handling, specifically handling of patients and equipment when required
- Demonstrated situational leadership ability
- Demonstrated logistic management ability.
- Demonstrated maturity and stability of employment
- Excellent communication skills
- A philosophy consistent with the values of the RFDS
- An understanding of the needs of remote and regional Australia and its people
- Ability and willingness to undertake intrastate and interstate travel as required.
- Maintain a current Drivers Licence
- Maintain a valid Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Eligible to obtain a valid Blue Card issued by the Commission for Children and Young People
The RFDS offers an attractive, above award remuneration and remote area package for appropriate areas will be offered to successful applicants on employment.
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
If you interested in lodging an expression of interest and meet the above requirements please fill out the below questionnaire.