Expression of Interest - Pilot
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, it delivers extensive primary health care and 24-hour emergency service to those who live, work and travel Australia. In Queensland, the Flying Doctor operates from nine bases plus the Corporate Office providing aeromedical retrievals and patient transfers, as well as comprehensive primary health care services.
Today, the RFDS provides the finest care to more than 290,000 Australians each year - that's one person every two minutes!
You must be:
- Passionate about our mission – providing excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Queensland.
- Prepared to go above and beyond to drive a positive and cohesive team culture
- Ready and motivated to help RFDS thrive in a competitive, KPI-driven environment.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) is seeking expressions of interest for Aeromedical Pilots to go on active hold for potential future vacancies expected in the network. If you are a dedicated professional and see yourself capable and ready for the challenge perhaps the RFDS is just the change you have been looking for.
The RFDS Pilots are at the forefront of aeromedical aviation and enjoy being part of a multi-disciplined organisation that prides itself in providing a dedicated aeromedical and primary health care service to regional and outback Queensland.
In any future roles you will be:
- Working in a diverse and demanding environment on time critical tasks
- Forming part of a highly skilled and motivated multidisciplinary team
- Experiencing flying operations from remote emergency airstrips to major capital city aerodromes and everything in between
- Operating modern turboprop aircraft
- Enjoying the rewards of providing a critical aviation service in Clinic and/or Medevac and Hospital operations throughout Qld and interstate
To be eligible for any future roles you must exceed the criteria below:
- Current Instrument Rating- Multi Engine Aircraft with four or more renewals
- Current Airline Transport Pilot Licence (Aeroplane)
- 4000 hours flying time in total
- 2000 hours as Pilot in Command
- 1000 hours as Pilot in Command of Multi-engine aircraft
- 200 hours as Pilot in Command at night
- 200 hours instrument time
- Turbine experience
- Physically able to manage a level of manual handling, specifically handling of patients and equipment when required
- Demonstrated situational leadership ability
- Demonstrated logistic management ability.
- Demonstrated maturity and stability of employment
- Excellent communication skills
- A philosophy consistent with the values of the RFDS
- An understanding of the needs of remote and regional Australia and its people
- Ability and willingness to undertake intrastate and interstate travel as required.
- Maintain a current Drivers Licence
- Maintain a valid Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Eligible to obtain a valid Blue Card issued by the Commission for Children and Young People
The RFDS offers an attractive, above award remuneration and remote area package for appropriate areas will be offered to successful applicants on employment.
This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
If you interested in lodging an expression of interest and meet the above requirements please fill out the below questionnaire.
Due to the competitive nature of pilot roles within the RFDS we ask for your patience while we process and consider applications. Please be mindful this is an application to be considered for a holding list for potential future vacancies and therefore timeframes may be extended before candidates are contacted. We want to thank you for your continued interest in wanting to work for the RFDS.