Senior Security Analyst
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) (RFDS) www.flyingdoctor.org.au is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, our Queensland section delivers extensive primary health care and 24-hour aeromedical emergency service, from nine strategic bases to those who live, work and travel throughout the State.
About the Role
An exciting new opportunity now exists for a Senior Security Analyst to join our internal ICT team. This is a full-time position based at 5-7 Lobelia Circle, Brisbane International Airport, with an occasional requirement to respond after hours and some travel to RFDS Qld locations from time to time.
The Senior Security Analyst will provide support to the ICT Operations Manager and the ICT Governance Manager in the management of the ICT Security function, ensuring delivery of ICT services and systems, and supporting a secure, sustainable environment.
Working closely with internal stakeholders and vendors in designing, developing and implementing user and system security controls, the role will be responsible for end-to-end security of systems, services and accounts. As Senior Security Analyst you will be able to understand the requirements of the business, legal and regulatory compliance, best practice in ICT Security and clearly articulate changes required to ensure security systems continue to lift the organisation’s capability.
Your day-to-day duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting in the deployment of new security technologies, and monitoring emerging security technologies, issues and directions;
- Proactively identifying operational security risks and providing guidance for implementing security risk mitigation activities;
- When required, investigating and responding to security incidents;
- Ensuring vulnerabilities in systems and networks are assessed, detected and remedied;
- Analysing detected security events and information to determine the event’s validity and impact, triage and remediation of security incidents and escalation where necessary; and
- Managing security and access requests, increasing security awareness through communications and training, developing and implementing security controls appropriate for the business, and maintaining operational effectiveness by remaining customer focused.
To view the full position description, please click here.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a member of the amazing team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work in helping people in Queensland communities. Critically, you’re also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
You will also love the variety that comes from working across 4 key organisational pillars - aviation, engineering, clinical and fundraising.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $97,000 + super, negotiable with skills and experience. You will also have access to generous NFP salary packaging arrangements to increase your take home pay.
Who are we looking for?
No formal qualifications are mandatory for this position, although CISM or CISA qualifications would be highly regarded. What you do need however, is considerable systems experience (ie Active Directory, MS Exchange Service/Exchange Online, Anti-virus and back up software), and preferably some industry certification to back this up.
You will have exceptional technical knowledge of hardware and software solutions and how it is applied to business processes, with a genuine interest in working with business leaders to make the organisation more secure, whilst still understanding the practicalities of this in an operational context.
We are looking for someone who is personable, with good communication skills and the ability to balance the technical aspects of the role with the human aspect (ie engaging in a positive and constructive manner with relevant stakeholders).
This role would be well-suited to a security analyst looking to take the next step up in their career, or maybe someone currently working in a different capacity (ie a Systems Engineer), wanting to focus more on security.
Most importantly, there are three 'must-haves' that we look for in every one that joins us. We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture - helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a diverse and well-loved Australian organisation. If you think you have what it takes to join the RFDS team, don't wait.
Interviewing immediately for the right candidate - Apply Now!
If successful, you must be willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and a criminal history check.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.